"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17
PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME (PCMH) ADVISORY SERVICES
Improve Patient Care and Enhance Practice Reimbursement
The Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), an approach designed to rebuild primary care and improve care coordination, has become a major focus of healthcare reform.
To meet this growing demand, MDR’s™ Partner provides expert turn-key preparation, advisory and support services for primary care and specialty practices leading to successful PCMH Recognition and Patient-Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) Recognition.
- Initial PCMH Practice Assessment: Assessment of provider(s) and site for eligibility and readiness for conversion to National Committee Quality Assurance (NCQA) PCMH Recognition.
- PCMH Mock Survey: Project Manager will meet with appropriate practice staff to review each Standard, Element, and Factor of NCQA’s PCMH Survey Tool to determine current performance, readiness and work required to pursue PCMH Recognition. This process will include numerically “scoring” the practice.
- Policies and Procedures Review: Consultants will review policy and procedure documents currently utilized by the practice for alignment with PCMH and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) System Review: Assessment of EHR hardware system(s), software, internal and external support, overall EHR utilization, and Meaningful Use.
- Provider Care Team Training: Includes details regarding the care team and their responsibilities.
- Practice Implementation Training: Includes detailed information regarding PCMH and what implementation will mean for the practice.
- PCMH Documentation Review: Review and discuss prepared documentation required for submission for PCHM Recognition assuring the documentation will meet PCMH standards.
- PCMH ISS Tool Review and Submission: Review and assist with the submission of documents through the ISS (Interactive Survey System) Tool in order to gain PCMH Recognition.
- On-Site Consultation One (1) Day Per Month: Project Manager will work one day each month on-site at the practice. The Project Manager will work primarily with the practice’s PCMH “Champion.”
- Social Media Assistance: Consultants will assist with development and implementation of a Social Media Plan to include patient portal and secured electronic messaging.
- Practice Maintenance: Services will be provided one day each month for review and assessment of newly implemented PCMH model progress; recommendations for ongoing improvement; staff training (including training for any new provider(s) in the practice); updated information regarding PCMH requirements and how to meet the requirements; patient healthcare educational resources; practice resources; and other needed related services.