Physician Economics & Service Improvement
Case Study: Summit Medical Group
Located in Berkeley Heights, NJ
- Delivered physician management reporting analysis
- Provided physician growth targeting
- Provided interim management services for its cardiology group
Case Study: Adena Health Systems
Located in Chillicothe, OH
- Provided physician practice plan review and income distribution analysis of 40+ member physician group. Developed economic models for each physician practice.
- Compared rates, payer mix, staffing, facilities rent, charges, collections, and physician compensation to national and regional benchmarks.
- Created physician compensation plans to align production, compensation, and the strategic objectives of the health system within a viable economic model.
Case Study: TriHealth
Located in Cincinnati, OH
- Reviewed physician contracts and developed compensation plan for hospital-employed multi-specialty group practice.
- Implemented multiple practice acquisitions.
Case Study: University Physicians, Cooper Health System
Located in Camden, NJ
- Benchmarked and reviewed physicians
- Developed financial pro formas for practice plan
- Reviewed the operational processes of the central billing office and all front-end support staff billing for 400 physicians.
- Reviewed current rates and revised charge master.
Case Study: Excela Health
Located in Greensburg, PA
- Performed site consolidation analysis for 40+ practice locations, delivered closure and consolidation recommendations to reduce number of sites by 25%.
- Created consolidated monthly reporting template for physician enterprise incorporating billing, financial, and payroll data.
- Produced physician compensation productivity analysis with strategic recommendations for physicians in each benchmark quadrant.
- Developed compensation plan modeling tool to align production and compensation within system and specialty-specific strategies and economic objectives.
- Produced productivity profiles for 90+ physicians to track and improve physician efficiency in both the hospital and office settings.
Case Study: University of Texas Health Science Center
Located in Houston, TX
- Developed an RVU-based productivity model to transitioning from a $37 million FTE-based contract with Harris County Hospital District (HCHD). HCHD is the public hospital network for Houston, TX. As a system, HCHD provides more than 50,000 hospital admissions and over 1,000,000 clinic visits to eligible Harris County residents.
Case Study: Baylor College of Medicine
Located in Houston, TX
- Performed a $6.5 million revenue cycle turnaround. Developed decision support and reporting system for the college to include the extraction and transformation and housing of data from the College's new EPIC billing system into a SQL cube reporting environment. Daily, weekly, and monthly reports designed, built, and processed through the decision support/data river systems. Also assisted in compensation benchmarking, revenue projections and accrual analysis.
Case Study: Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Located in Alamogordo, NM
- Developed physician recruitment pro formas, productivity-based contract models, and strategic plan for growing a hospital-employed multi-specialty group.
- Calculated the impact to revenue and physician compensation of converting practices to "provider-based" outpatient departments of the hospital.
Case Study: FTI Healthcare
Provided all physician practice consulting needs via provision of full operational assessments, development of corrective and improvement action plans and implementation of the same for physician practice enterprises within large hospital systems to include:
- Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, Jacksonville, FL
- Regional Medical Center of Memphis (The Med), Memphis, TN
- Alameda County Medical Center, Oakland, CA
- St Joseph Healthcare System, Paterson, NJ
- Dimensions Health System - Prince George Hospital Center, Cheverly, MD
- Memorial University Medical Center, Savannah, GA
Case Study: Meridian Health System
Located in Neptune, NJ
Provided analysis of:
- Demand for which primary care specialties and the number needed
- Alignment of physicians with the hospital
- Gaps for primary care physicians in the hospital service market by location
Case Study: Memorial Hermann Medical Group
Located in Houston, TX
- Provided Interim COO to the medical group and subsequently transitioned to onboarding newly acquired physician practices.
- Developed and implemented onboarding/merge plan, which included providing payer credentialing, EMR implementation and operational re-engineering
Case Study: Touro Infirmary
Located in New Orleans, LA
Following Hurricane Katrina, the hospital's amount of uncompensated (uninsured) services increased from $16M per year to $36M, or 6% of overall services.
- Innovated a method of measuring the volume of uninsured physician services using the hospital's financial reporting system instead of collecting individual physician data.
- Determined each physician's relative participation in uncompensated services.
Case Study: Health System University of Virginia Health Sciences Center
Located in Charlottesville, VA
- Conducted Revenue Cycle process improvement
- Reviewed the operational processes of the central billing office
- Reviewed current rate structures for physician faculty practice plan and calculated rate improvement impact
Case Study: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Located in Annapolis, MD
- Analyzed primary care market analysis
- Developed strategic growth plan
- Reviewed the current supply of primary care physicians within AAMC's market areas
- Identified current demand - Reviewed the alignment of current primary care physicians with AAMC - Evaluated practice economics for primary care in Maryland - Developed AAMC's strategic role for supporting primary care in their market areas