"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17
QUALITY & SAFETY ("VALUE")
Transforming Healthcare Performance
MDR's™ Quality & Safety Solution helps Healthcare leaders create and deploy a simple, unified, values-based strategy to running the entire organization and producing breakthrough results. Our Partner developed the innovative approach with the world leaders from various industires in quality, safety and profitability. Starting with some of the earliest proofs that safety and financial gain go hand in hand in Hospitals and Healthcare Organizations, our Partner has assisted executives from Community Hospitals to the nation's largest Academic Medical Centers tailoring the strategy to each client's unique circumstances to produce measurable, meaningful, and sustainable results.
- Safety/Quality: 50-70% reductions in events that reach a patient in year 1 (sustained and repeated each year)
- Cost: 10% reductions in overall cost each year, including 20-50% inventory reductions
- Time: Up to 30% increased throughput in redesigned areas and reduced lead times for patients and staff due to stable work systems.
- Evaluation of current state of safety and gaps in problem identification and solving systems
- CEO & leadership coaching in implementing and supporting a real-time problem solving to prevent recurrence of all safety events
- Training and application of Toyota’s famed improvement system in four parts:
- Analysis (with staff) of patient value streams to redesign care to meet patient needs
- Stabilization of core pathways (i.e., medication use, supplies, equipment, etc.) to create reliable work systems capable of meeting patient and worker needs
- Redesign of core value streams and pathways to eliminate classes of error and waste
- Sustainability and spread via capability transfer to leaders and staff